Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Chan Chan is offline

Default Count occurence with user defined upper&lower limit.

Dear Dave,

I think i din't get my question asked nicely ...

Lets start again.

I have a series of data:
1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,4

Under normal circumstances, if i want to group the data as table below, it
would like this:

Value range Occurence
1-2 =COUNTIF(A1:A10,"=1") -
COUNTIF(A1:A10."2")
2-3 =COUNTIF(A1:A10,"=2") -
COUNTIF(A1:A10."3")

And what if i want a table as per below which allow user to key in their
lower & upperlimit and i can get the occurence ultimatly as above

Value Range Occurence
lower Upper
1(user key in) 2(user key in) =(*need formula here*)
2(user key in) 3(user key in) =(*need formula here*)

Hope i get it clear.
Hope to hear from your favorable response soon.
Thanks!

-Chan