Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Paul B Paul B is offline

Default My IF in Excel formula is not returning the correct value.

Steph, you can't have that formula in G29, it would be a circular reference,
the cell reference refers the formula's results, you would need to have the
formula in another cell and the total points formula in G29, what formula
are you using to get the total points from the numbers 1,2,3,2,1?

So what cell is the formula in?
And what cell is the formula for total points in? and what is that formula?

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Steph" wrote in message
Service Category Rating
Did the associate you spoke with provide great service? 1
How satisfied are you with the purchase you made? 2
How satisfied are you with the transaction process? 3
How likely are you to buy from us again? 2
How likely are you to recommend our company to others? 1

Total Points 2
Performance Rating
*

*this value should display Consistently Meets but is blank, if they points
are all 2 then the value displays consistently meets. It shouldn't matter
though since my IF formula is based of the total points of 1,2,3. I did

try
percision as displayed and now it works but I can not format anything.

"Paul B" wrote:

Steph, not sure what you are doing, I can put =A1+A2+A3 in cell G29, or
something else and as long as the formula comes up with 1,2,or 3 the

message
is displayed. As Bearacade asked what is in cell G29, and maybe how it

is
formatted, could be showing 1,2,or 3 but the answer may be something

like
2.1?

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Steph" wrote in message
Thank you Paul that helped some what. I am still having a problem.

Picture
a performance review with a row of 1,2,3 as the points for each cell.

At
the
end the points are all added up and an overall rating is calculated

1,2,
or
3. If I key in all 1 the value = does not meet, however if I populate

the
fields 1, 2, or 3 randomly the value is false or blank with what you
proposed. But I was thinking it should not matter what get's me to

the
cell
that I am referencing as long as it equals 1,2,3. Your thoughts?

"Steph" wrote:

I am doing a reference of 1, 2, or 3 returning specific text based

on
the
number. Here is my formula.

=IF(G29=1,"DOES NOT MEET",IF(G29=2,"CONSISTENTLY

MEETS",IF(G29=3,"EXCEEDS")))

if the ratings are all 3's the correct text value will appear. If

you
vary
the ratings I receive a false value. Can anyone help me.