Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Tara Tara is offline

Default Automatically inserting a column

Gord,
One of the managers brought this to my attention. He is currently inserting
the column & date manually but I believe there is a lot of data input each
day and he would like to be able to just type the date in any cell and it
would insert automatically. It is my understanding it would go just to the
right of the main date cell. I hope this helps.
Tara

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Tara

To do what you want would require VBA code of some sort.

Where/how would the new date be typed in?

Where would the new column be inserted?

Why not just insert a new column and type the date in that column?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 08:41:02 -0700, Tara wrote:

I have a spreadsheet that has several columns with dates - Today's date,
yesterday's date, etc. If a new date is typed in, how can I set the
spreadsheet to automatically insert a column for the new date?