Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sandy Mann Sandy Mann is offline

Default excel

Medina,

I am sorry if I did not make it clear. I copied the cell with the 0.05 in
it then selected the range to be modified and selected:

Paste Special then click on the ADD option in the Operation section of the
dialog box and then click OK.

--
HTH

Sandy

with @tiscali.co.uk

"Medina" wrote in message
what did u hit in paste special that copied it, I can't seem to figure it
out

thanks

"Sandy Mann" wrote:

tm m,

With a range of your formula, (with the 2.275 slightly altered in each
formula), I entered .05 in an unused cell and the selected the range of
formulas and the Paste Special Add and got:

=(M5+2.275+0.08)+0.05

--
HTH

Sandy

with @tiscali.co.uk

"Medina" wrote in message
ok

the formula is =M5+2.275+.08 the second # (2.275) is different for each
cell. I need to add 5 cents to all the formulas. My only problem is
that
the second number in each equation needs to remain different. The only
thing
that I need to do is link the 5 cent addition to all the formulas
without
having to do each one separately.

Thanks for your help

"tim m" wrote:

Can you give us some exampls of the actual formulas you are dealing
with
and
what type of number you are adding to it?

"Medina" wrote:

Hi,

I am adding a number to an existing formula on my workbook. I have
over
500 entires to update. When I change the first formula and copy and
paste
it, all the formulas become the same. How would I be able to make
each
cells
formula the same and just add the one addition.

Can anyone help ?

Thanks

Medina