Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Are there shortcut keys in Excel for Cell Alignment?

If you toggle a setting, you can use special characters when you enter the text.

Tools|Options|transition tab|check Transition navigation keys

^asdf (will center asdf in the cell)
"asdf (will right justify asdf in the cell)

I'd uncheck that setting when I was done with the data entry. It changes the
behavior of other keys. (Try Home and ctrl-Home, for example.)

Meg wrote:

I'm heavy on the keyboard shortcuts, and I hate having to switch over to the
mouse to align the text inside my cells? Does anyone know if there are
shortcut keys for alignment in Excel? I couldn't find them in the MS Office
help, neither on-line or in Excel.

Thanks!

--

Dave Peterson