Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave F Dave F is offline

Default Wkst2 w/all ABSdata computed from wkst1-can't "Find" data pt in#2

FIND looks up text strings...

Maybe it can't search a column of cells whose values are based on references
to other cells?

If you're interested in finding the max value in a column can't you just
sort the table by the column in question?

"wirecup" wrote:

A second worksheet is all absolute values computed from another referenced
worksheet. I was able to post the maximum and median values for each column
of data in the second worksheet. However I can not search the data columns
(using FIND and a selected range of data in a column) in the second worksheet
to find where the maximum value occurred. This FIND procedure works in the
original data worksheet (#1) but not in the other.