Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
aposatsk aposatsk is offline

Default Graphing relationship between 3 variables

I have a data sheet which depends on x, y, and z. Therefore, the
function is something like z = cx + dy, where c and d are constants and
x and y may have exponents.

I don't know, however, how to graph this sort of data in excel. The
surface graph seems really dissatisfactory, and does not offer me the
option of seeing the equation the data makes.

My values are like this:

X--------------Y----------------Z

I need to see how X and Y affect Z, figure out the equation of this
surface, and then take partial derivatives to figure out the optimal
values for X and Y to maximize Z.

--
aposatsk
aposatsk's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36709