Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Biff Biff is offline

Default conditional formatting -- testing for multiple words

The way that I read the OP is that there is more than just a single word in
the cells. I could be wrong!

Biff

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
I would put my list of words on another worksheet (hidden???) and give that
range a nice name--say myList.

Then I'd use format|conditional formatting with a formula like:
=MATCH(D1,myList,0)

The Moose wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with a list of products. Column D contains the
product names.

I want to format the rows to stand out if a particular word is in the
product name. I've got this to work:
=FIND("Chef",$D1)

What I'd really like to do is have the formula look for a variety of
different products; e.g., "Chef", "Apple", "Lodge" ... etc.

Is there any way to do that??

Thanks.

Barb

--