Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debra Dalgleish Debra Dalgleish is offline

Default How to validate list data from a different workbook

Is the Product.xls workbook open?

Tim wrote:
I have a word document with an excel table in it. I wish to have a drop
down list in that table that refers to another excel workbook. I have
been following steps listed on
http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal05.html.

I have a name range of data called 'Products'

I have a source list called 'MyList' with range name
=Product.xls!Products

When I go to my other worksheet and go into data - validation and type
in =MyList
I keep receiving error message: 'A named range you specified cannot be
found'. I am working with Excel 2003.

Could anyone offer any suggestions as to why it is not working.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures