Jim Rech

I'm not sure what you're doing but it doesn't seem right for Conditional
Formatting. When you pick "Formula Is" in Format, Conditional Formatting
the formula you enter should return a True or False value. That result
determines whether the format you select is applied. You can return a
number but any non-zero number is considered True and of course, zero is
False. There is no point in returning a string like "".

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP