Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
[email protected] saunders_c@optusnet.com.au is offline

Default Excel data reformatted in Word mailmerge

G'Day Franz,

Thanks for your input. Alas, I don't think the link helped.

I opened the spreadsheet using Access and noticed some fields were
identified by Access as text, others were memo. The memo fields allowed
their text to pass through the mail merge complete; the text fields
were truncated.

Solution: I entered a dummy first record, making sure each field in the
new first record contained text with more than 255 characters. Opeing
the new spreadsheet in Access, all fields were memo. The mailmerge
worked "perfectly" with no truncation of any fields.

Regards,

Clive