Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Automatically entered decimal point.

Yes, you can do this. Click on Tools | Options | Edit (tab) and check
Fixed Decimal with 2 places, then OK. Enter the following values in
some cells:

123 -- displayed as 1.23
1234 -- displayed as 12.34
12345 -- displayed as 123.45

Note that if you have no cents, you will still have to enter 00 at the
end of the dollars.

It is probably better to de-select this option once you have finished.

Hope this helps.

Pete

J.G.Martin wrote:
I enter a lot of currency with cents and have to pick-up the decimal point
when the cents is not 00. Is there a way that I could simply enter a number
such as $43785 and have the decimal point be automatically positioned between
the 7 and 8 so that it read $437.85?

For a product as sophisticated as Excel, especially since it works with
money, one would think that this would be one of the first formatting options
available with a cell that concerns numbers and money.

Hope someone can offer a solution!