Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Toppers Toppers is offline

Default looking for information in the last column

David's formula will work as it looks at the maximum COLUMN number which is
non -blank. And it should be entered with Ctrl+Shift+Enter

"Hirsch" wrote:

David I appreciate the attempt, I should have stated that the numbers can go
up or down as they goto the left.

thank you anyhow.

"David Billigmeier" wrote:

The following formula assumes your table is in the upper most left hand part
of your spreadsheet... e.g. part 1,2,3 ended up in A2,A3,A4 and your month
names are in B1, C1, D1, etc.

=VLOOKUP("part1",$A$2:$I$4,MAX(IF(A2:I2<"",COLUMN (A2:I2),"")),0)

Dave

"Hirsch" wrote:

Imagine:
Jan Feb Mar Apri May June July Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
part 1 2 2.5 2.5 3 3.25
part 2 1 1.1
part 3 6 7 34

I'm looking for a seperate column that will list out the last value entered
in a series of colums: hense (part 1) = 3.25 (part two) = 1.1 (part 3) = 34.

In my attempt to find a formula I thought of something like
=lastvalue(b3:b15) but that's not a formula.

Does anyone have any suggestions? As usual thanks in advance.