Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
David Billigmeier David Billigmeier is offline

Default Need to insert a counter for supplies ordering.

The following assumes the R's and B's are in the range A1:A100, change this
to fit your data:

For Red's: =COUNTIF(A1:A100,"R")
For Blue's: =COUNTIF(A1:A100,"B")

Dave

"Phil" wrote:

I am creating a list of students that will be served lunch for the following
month at my school. They have two choices of lunches. Red or Blue. By their
name the input of R or B is placed under the date. I need to count the
number of R's and B's so I can know how much of each lunches I have to buy
for? Any help would be appreciated.