Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
excelboy excelboy is offline

Default Pivot tables and dynamic columns

I'm already using that method to make the pivot tables update properly
when new information is added to my spreadsheet. For example when I
add survey data from a new month it’s automatically added to my pivot
tables. I’m not sure how this will help me with the shifting columns
problem? Maybe I wasn’t very clear on what I’m trying to do.

Here’s an example. Let’s say column C contains the names of people
we've surveyed -- if we add a new question to our survey column C might
shift to column D when exported into excel. Column C would then be
replaced with the results from the new question. This breaks our pivot
tables. I’m just wondering what the best way is to deal with this?
Maybe a macro that automatically rearranges the columns? There are a
lot of columns, so doing it manually is a hassle.

--
excelboy
excelboy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37547