Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
excelboy excelboy is offline

Default Pivot tables and dynamic columns

I'm already using that method to make the pivot tables update properly
when new information is added to my spreadsheet. For example when I
add survey data from a new month it’s automatically added to my pivot
tables. I’m not sure how this will help me with the shifting columns
problem? Maybe I wasn’t very clear on what I’m trying to do. Here’s an
illustration:

A B C

Month Color Units
June Blue 45
June Red 21
June Blue 33

A B C D

Month Color Name Units
June Blue 45
June Red 21
June Blue 33
July Blue Ted 45
July Red Bill 65

The problem is when we add new questions to our survey (such as the
Name example above) the columns shift when we export them into excel
and our pivot tables mess up. I’m just wondering what the best way is
to deal with this? Maybe a macro that automatically rearranges the
columns? There are a lot of columns, so doing it manually is a hassle.

--
excelboy
excelboy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37547