Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
[email protected] eyeman6513_2000@yahoo.com is offline

Default Count is not working

It worked, thank you.
wrote:
Okay, this is BASIC and I feel bad for asking, but I can not get my
count to work.

I have a spreadsheet with a list of doctors names and other
information, I tried to do a count on the column using the following
formula:

=count(D:D)

And Excel gave me 0.

I tried this on other columns, it worked, there is no formula in the
column, my spreadsheet is not on manual calculate, when using the
little ghost function in Excel I am able to get a count for the row in
question, but the formula won't work. I found a work around by
counting another column, any ideas on why it is not working?

Richard