Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
samprince samprince is offline

Default Vlookup. Match. Lookup. Wtf?

Hi guys,

I am having an incredibly frustrating time attempting to understand the
above functions.

My Set up is as follows:

Sheet 1 (S1), - list of clients that acted between certain dates

Column A, Client Unique ID [text]
Column B, Date which client first acted.

Sheet 2 (S2) - list of clients signed up between certain dates
Column A, Clients sign up date
Column B, Clients Unique ID [text]
Column E, =COUNTIF(Sheet1!A:A,B2) ~ Number of Times client appears
on sheet 1

My Aim for S2 Column F.

IF, Column E in S2 0, to look up the corresponding first action date
for that client in S1.

Atm the formula I would of though to work correctly is:

=IF(E10,VLOOKUP(B1,Sheet2!A:B,2),"Not Acted")

However this brings the wrong date.

Please can anyone advise on this matter and let me know where i am
gonig wrong.

Many thanks.
Sp

--