Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Solve for interest rate of a security when pv, fv, nper are know?

Pete,

You need periodic payment information to use RATE, so it appears that INTRATE would be better. The
two functions use different parameters, so it is difficult to see how you are able to compare them.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Pete at CitiStreet" <Pete at wrote in message
I need to solve for the rate of growth of a mutual fund over a period of
time. I know pv, fv, and nper. What I don't know is if RATE or INTRATE is
the better formula to use. Plugging in the constants, these two formulas
return different results.