Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike The Newb Mike The Newb is offline

Default Macros Containing a File Save As & Tab Deletions

Dave - worked great/excellent! Thank you!

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

If you use something like:

Activeworkbook.save
or
thisworkbook.save

You shouldn't be prompted to overwrite the existing file.

If you're using .saveas, you can avoid the prompt:

application.displayalerts = false
activeworkbook.saveas .....
application.displayalerts = true

And the same .displayalerts will stop the prompt when you delete a sheet in
code.

Mike The Newb wrote:

I have a macro that saves off a copy of the file, replacing the existing
saved off copy. Even though I record "yes" to replace the existing copy I am
always prompted to say/click "yes" again when the macro runs. Also, on
another macro, I delete a few tabs from the copy. I am prompted during the
recording (like "are you sure you want to delete this tab") and I still get
prompted again when the macro runs.

Is there a way to program it so the macro saves over an existing or delete
tabs without user intervention, to agree with what has already been agreed
to, while the macro is actually running?

Many thanks in advance!

Regards,
Mike

--