Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default Round Len Function Help

You know, I never look at the name of the OP, except what's in the Name
column.

Maybe I should pay more attention.

Thanks Pete!<g

"Pete_UK" wrote in message
oups.com...
Is this just Aaron winding you all up ??

Pete

RagDyer wrote:
Let's try again ! ! !

You *JUST* posted:
<<<"
If I got 0.000003 I would expect it to just round to zero.
If I got 0.000005 I would expect it to round to 0.000010
"

What the heck is the difference between the 2 examples?
They *both* have *6* decimal places!
Is this a typo?

How about you put a pseudo code into words, describing *exactly* what you
want to happen.

RD

wrote in message
ups.com...
Haha true, I see what you mean, but it returns the correct number I am
after, 0.010 from 0.007

I tested it by changing "len" to 2-LEN and sure enough the number
returned changes to 0.000 and with 4-LEN I get no change, with the
returned result as 0.007. 3-LEN returns the result 0.010.

Try to copy and paste it into a ssheet to see what I mean. But
essentially Q16 automatically changes based on what the ssheet is doing
that day. It might be 0.000010 (the DP is important) but a calculated
answer in another cell could come back as 0.000003 and I must have the
answers automatically round to the figure in Q16.

If I got 0.000003 I would expect it to just round to zero.

If I got 0.000005 I would expect it to round to 0.000010

Any help appreciated greatly,

Cheers,

Aaron.

RagDyer wrote:
I'm lost when you say that your formula of:

3-LEN(INT(Q16))

really works ! ! !

0.1
0.01
0.00001
in Q16 all equate to the same number ... 2 ... since the integer
length
is
always 1.

Care to re-phrase your question so that a not overly bright old man
(been
saying that a lot lately), might understand?

RD

Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may
benefit !
wrote in message
ps.com...
Hi,

I have this formula which works well, but the 3-len part needs to be
dependent on another cells content. Is it possible to have the
formula
automatically accommodate for this?

Eg

=ROUND(I36-I37,3-LEN(INT(Q16)))

in cell Q16 is a number 0.010 as displayed, and the sum of i36-i37=
0.007

I need the formula to say ok the minimum division size is in
multiples
of Q16 (0.010) and change the 0.007 to either up or down depending
on
the calculation.

This works currently, but the figure in Q16 can be 0.1 or 0.00001
etc,
and the sum in i36-i37 could be anything also as it is a calculated
error figure. I need the formula to be able to adapt automatically
the reference DP in Q16.

Namely the "3-" part in the formula needs to accomodate for the Q16
number format changing.

Is this achievable?

Thanks in advance,

Aaron.