Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Debra Dalgleish Debra Dalgleish is offline

Default Pivot tables and dynamic columns

You could use a dynamic range as the pivot table source. There are
instructions he

excelboy wrote:
I am using pivot tables and pivot reports to analyze survey data
imported from our customer survey program into Excel. This works well
but the problem is we periodically add new questions to the survey,
which then causes the columns to shift and messes up our pivot tables.
What’s the best way to deal with the shifting columns, so that we do not
have to redo the pivot tables every time we make a change to our survey?
Is there a way to base the pivot table data range on the column header
name, rather than Excel’s column letter?

Thanks.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures