Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jerkyboy Jerkyboy is offline

Default Data Validation with Multiple Sources

I have an Excel spreadsheet that I created drop down lists on. I am creating
dependent lists and hiding previously used items. I can get both of these
options to work independently, but I can't get the Data Validation for these
cells to work with both together. I created Defined Names for both of them,
but I've tried to get both of them in the Source field together with no luck.
Is there a way to make both of these options work together?

Defined Name "PlayerCheck" (This removes the selected players from the drop
down list) =OFFSET(Players!$C$1,0,0,COUNTA(Players!$C$1:$C$6)-COUNTBLANK
(Players!$C$1:$C$6),1)

Defined Name "PosFilter" (This filters the drop down based on another drop
down selection in another column)
=INDIRECT(A2)

I've tried putting them both in the Source field of the Data Validation, but
the the drop down stops working. Any suggestions?