Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default Distinct list formula

B1: =A1

B2: =IF(ISERROR(MATCH(0,COUNTIF(B$1:B1,$A$1:$A$20&""), 0)),"",
INDEX(IF(ISBLANK($A$1:$A$20),"",$A$1:$A$20),MATCH( 0,COUNTIF(B$1:B1,$A$1:$A$2
0&""),0)))

which is an array formula, it should be committed with Ctrl-Shift-Enter, not
just Enter.

copy B2 down

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"summergs" wrote in
message ...

Does anyone know of a formula I could use to compile a distinct list of
entries from another column. I know this could be done with the
advanced filter, and I know it could be done with VBA, but I need to do
it with a formula. Likewise, I can't use a pivot table because then the
data could be changed. I have to pull a distinct list and their
correponding values from some static data so it can be graphed.
Thanks

--
summergs
summergs's Profile: