Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave F Dave F is offline

Default Vary the criteria in countif

IF([value you're counting for]<H2,"",COUNTIF(B2:G2)) where the square
brackets should be replaced by the value in question.

"Jim Palmer" wrote:

I have a pivot table that shows the quantity of an item on hand for
various locatons. I want to count the number of occurences where the
quantity is less than the reorder point. I use a vlookup function to
get the reorder point for each item.

For example

Store Location---A B C D E F Reorder Count
part #123------- 5 2 1 6 1 3 4 4

That is, the values in locations B, C, E and F are below the reoder
point.

I can construct a countif function =countif(B2:G2,"<4") however the
reorder point for the next item might be 10.

Is there a way in which I can say countif the value is less than the
value stored in cell H2?

That is =countif(B2:G2,<h2)

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Jim Palmer