Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
Steve Franks Steve Franks is offline

Default Network Links

I have the same problem and a related one.
When I specify the UNC path to files, as you suggested, Excel (and Word)
helpfully replace them with a drive letter if one exists. i.e. If in your
example \\SomeServer\SomeDir is mapped to Y:, the hyperlink changes to Y:\...
so it works for me but other people have \\SomeServer\SomeDir mapped to Z:\
so it fails form them.

The second issue is:
I have exported a list from Sharepoint to Excel. Excel correctly shows the
hyperlinks, but sometimes clicking on a link fails saying that the file
cannot be found. The link that's displayed stars with C:\Documents and
Settings\...

Using VBA to follow these links always fails with this error.
So back to the original question - how can I force Excel to keep hyperlinks
exactly as they were entered?
--
Thanks in advance,
Steve

"Bill Manville" wrote:

Sure, you can use a UNC pathname
\\SomeServer\SomeDir\SomeSubDir\MyDB.mdb

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England