Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Help Please Help Please is offline

Default Consolidation of dulpicate rows of data.

I have a simple list of 30K mutual funds (by name) and their associated asset
values. I would like to be able to pull this data into another workbook via
vlookup. However, in my list of funds, some funds are listed more than one
time. How can I manipulate my list of funds such that each fund that appears
multiple times is consolidated into one row and the asset value associated
with that fund is the consolidated total of all the asset values for that
funds occurrance, prior to consolidation?