Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Martha Martha is offline

Default use concatenate function to put carrage returns in a text stri

Biff,

Do you know if there is a limit to the number of CHAR(10)s allowed in one
formula. I have a formula with four that is working fine, but when I added
the fifth, it refused to work. Have tried re-formatting the column; all
upper case, all lower case, with and without spaces after the commas, and so
far, no luck. Can you help?

=CONCATENATE(C2,CHAR(10),TEXT(D2, "d-mmm-yyyy"),CHAR(10),G2,CHAR(10),I2," -
",J2) WORKS FINE

=CONCATENATE(C2,CHAR(10),TEXT(D2, "d-mmm-yyyy"),CHAR(10),G2,CHAR(10),I2," -
",J2,CHAR(10),K2) DOESN'T WORK
"Biff" wrote:

Hi!

Try this:

To concatenate A1 and B1 with a "hard return" in-between:

=A1&CHAR(10)&B1

Format the cell to wrap text:

FormatCellsAlignmentWrap text

Biff

"dabblingandconfused" wrote
in message ...
How do I use concatenate to assemble a string that includes carrage
returns?