Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How can I get Exel to display every (eg) 35th row only?

Simply select the entire range and press Ctrl-C to copy them. When you paste them elsewhere, Excel
will remove the rows that were hidden by the filter, and you will get your compacted list.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"browniebodrum" wrote in message
Can I please extend this line of enquiry? I might be going about it the
wrong way.

I've got a huge spreadsheet (a dump of a web page with booking forms data on
it) and I just want to pick out the 'organisation' field, to make sure I
haven't omitted anyone's booking. The 'organisation' field is in cell B2,
then every 33 rows further down, ie B35, B68 etc. Using your solution below,
(thanks!) I can now SEE just the organisations, but if I then want to use
just those cells in another spreadsheet, what's the best way to
select/identify them (eg so I can cut and paste them or sort them
alphabetically in another spreadsheet)?

"Bernie Deitrick" wrote:

Brownie,

Insert a new column A. The put the number 35 into cell A1, then in A2, use the formula

=MOD(ROW()-2,$A$1)

and copy down to the bottom of your used range.

Then filter on column A, to show values of 0.

Change the value in cell A1 to show different row counts (i.e., 10 to show every tenth row).