Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup,microsoft.public.excel.misc
come_mon_come_mon! come_mon_come_mon! is offline

Default Excel install components on every startup

Problem solved after un-installed then re-installed MSOffice

come_mon_come_mon! 寫道:

Hi,

My HD partition originally had XP Professional + Excel 2002 (build
10.6789.6735) installed. Recently, I re-install my XP in the same
partition. I choosed overwritting \WINDOWS directory for this new
installation. Afterwards, I re-install other software once, including
Microsoft Office. Windows reported installation successful.

Then problem came up. Every time I started Excel, Windows Installer
window popped up, telling me Microsoft Excel functions were being
installed. After 10-20 seconds, Excel started and every thing worked as
usual, nothing found abnormal.

I would like to know why Windows Installer was called every time Excel
started up ? How could I correct the problem ?

Tks :