Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Toppers Toppers is offline

Default Making Time Right

John,
What is the format of the cells your are summing ..is it hh:mm
or decimal numbers i.e. 5.5 is 5 1/2 hours.

And what is the format of the cell containing the sum?

"John L" wrote:

I need your help. I am doing a spreadsheet for my daughter. She needs to
total up the hours of each of her servers(resturant).This is Monday to
Sunday. I have it set up that i can get the total hours for each person
but when she has someone start on the 1/2 hour it goes to the full hour.
Example : if someone has 5 1/2 hours it gives me 6. The function i used
is...=sum(e4,e10,e15,e20,e25,e30,e35).

This works but when any one of the cells is in 1/2 hours it goes to the
full hour. What other function can be used that will give me what ever
time is entered? 1/2,3/4 hour.
Sorry if this is not explained well. I am Really new at this. I find it
interesting.

John L

--
John L