Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Default color code a row by expiration date?

Assuming the available dates are listed down in col C
Select col C (C1 active)
Click Format Conditional Formatting
Under Condition 1, make it as:
Formula is:
=AND(C1TODAY(),C1-TODAY()<=30,C1<"")
Click to Format to taste, OK out
--
Max
Singapore
"Kate" wrote:
I am creating a spreadsheet that lists all of our billboard inventory with
one column containing the date the billboard becomes available (example: if
the contract expires 9/30/06 then the "available date" is 10/1/06). I want to
know if there is a way to create a function that when the "available date"
comes within 30 days before todays date it could either change colors or do
something to mark it is going to expire w/in the 30 days?