Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
norumbegan norumbegan is offline

Default eliminate repeat values from a list of ascending order

Say I have the same column of numbers, A1:A10. What I want to do is set
a condition such that certain values are disregarded when calculating
the maximum. For example, say I want the maximum cell value from the
column such that the value is less than 4.0. As before, the order and
range of the column changes, as does the desired maximum value.

The same question goes for finding the minimum value from the list such
that it's greater than a given number -- I figure the formulas will be
very similar.

-norumbegan

Barb Reinhardt Wrote:
I can't think of a solution to the first part off the top of my head.

What were you thinking about for conditions of the MIN or MAX?

"norumbegan" wrote:

On a related note, is there a way to return the max or min of a

list,
such that it's below a specific value?

--
norumbegan