Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Steve E Steve E is offline

Default Making data validation drop down list wider

My VB is very weak (trying to learn). I've followed the instructions on
Debra Dalgleish's site for adding code to the worksheet and it works fine for
a single column but I don't know how to change the code when I have multiple
columns that need to be temporarily widened so that you can see the entire
selection in the drop down list.

My worksheet code looks like:

If Target.Count 1 Then Exit Sub
If Target.Column = 13 Then
Target.Columns.ColumnWidth = 18
Else
Columns(13).ColumnWidth = 15.38

'Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)
' If Target.Count 1 Then Exit Sub
' If Target.Column = 3 Then
' Target.Columns.ColumnWidth = 28
' Else
' Columns(3).ColumnWidth = 21
' End If
'End Sub

I have 10+ columns of drop downs that are too wide to view in the
spreadsheet (I have the columns formatted to wordwrap so that the sheet isn't
too wide to be usable when completed).

How do I need to modify the code for the extra columns?

Thanks,