Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Ron de Bruin Ron de Bruin is offline

Default opening a worksheet at a specific point

Hi crusty53

i think my sheet is named"Diary" and the colunm is "B:B"

Think ? <g

Change the Sheet name and column then like this

Sub Find_Todays_Date()
Dim FindString As Date
Dim rng As Range
FindString = Date
With Sheets("Diary").Range("B:B")
Set rng = .Find(What:=FindString, _
After:=.Cells(.Cells.Count), _
LookIn:=xlFormulas, _
LookAt:=xlWhole, _
SearchOrder:=xlByRows, _
SearchDirection:=xlNext, _
MatchCase:=False)
If Not rng Is Nothing Then
Application.Goto rng, True
Else
MsgBox "Nothing found"
End If
End With

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"crusty53" wrote in message ...
Hi Ron, Did as directed ,i get a run time error at 9,i think my sheet is
named"Diary" and the colunm is "B:B"

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi

Copy the macro in a normal module

1. Alt-F11
2. InsertModule from the Menubar
3. Paste the Code there
4. Alt-Q to go back to Excel
5. Alt-F8 to run the subs

Note :My Sheet is names "Sheet1"
Test the macro first and I help you to run it automatic

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"crusty53" wrote in message ...
Ron, thanks,but this is a bit too advanced for me.But if you have time i
would like to explore it further.Please a bit more of an explanation as to
what your reply means and how i go about performing what you told me.Your
humble beginner crusty.

"crusty53" wrote:

Yes it has a column were the date is entered every day.

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi crusty53

Do you have column where you enter the date each day ?

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"crusty53" wrote in message ...
i have a diary , i would like it to open at the specific date every time i
openen the file.PLEASE HELP