Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Jack Sheet Jack Sheet is offline

Default Mileage Claim Formula

The numbers that you have selected in the OP suggests to me that you may be
trying to do an annual mileage claim based on the UK AMAP rates. Only the
excess over 10000 should be at 25 pence per mile, with the first 10000 at 40
pence. If my guess is wrong then ignore this post. Otherwise you might try
something like:

=sum(range)*0.25+min(sum(range),10000)*.15

"johndavies" wrote
in message ...

Hi,

Having a spot of bother here with a formula, what I need if any one can
help is the following

Sum of a number of fields and IF that SUM is than 10000 then * by
0.25

This a mileage workout and it's pulling my hair out.

Thanks in Advance

John

--
johndavies