Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff Biff is offline

Default Need function for one value for two criterias and two columns

I3:I15.

Is that a typo? Did you mean I3:I215?

I'll assume you did.

So, you want to sum values in I3:I215 that correspond to G3:G215 =
"Salespersons Name" and J3:215 = "Quote Status" ?

=SUMPRODUCT(--(G3:G215="Salespersons Name"),--(J3:215="Quote
Status"),I3:I215)

Also when i looked at SUMPRODUCT function in the help menu i found this
multiplies the value

Yes, that's what it does THEN it sums the results of that multiplication.

For example:

G3 = "Salespersons Name" * J3 = "Quote Status" * I3

If G3 is TRUE and J3 is TRUE then this is what you get:

1*1*I3 = I3

If either G3 or J3 is FALSE then this is what you get:

0*1*I3 = 0
1*0*I3 = 0

Biff

"Melanie" wrote in message
I tried your formula for the project i am working on it didnt quite give me
the answer i needed.

The formula i need is more like IF G3:G215 = "Salespersons Name" and If
J3:215 = "Quote Status" then find the corrosponding figure from I3:I15.

This is why i orginally tried SUMIF only to find i couldn't get it to do
two
ranges each with a corrosponding condition to find a combined total from.

I'm not sure if what i am asking makes any sense.

Also when i looked at SUMPRODUCT function in the help menu i found this
multiplies the value im after the total with both conditions applied with
no
modifications.

"Biff" wrote:

Hi!

Try something like this:

Condition 1 = Yes
Condition 2 = 100
C1:C100 = range to sum

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A100="Yes"),--(B1:B100=100),C1:C100)

Notice that the TEXT condition is enclosed in quotes and the NUMERIC
condition is not.

Biff

"Melanie" wrote in message
I've tried the SUMIF function but i really need to get one figure with
two
different conditions each coming from a different column and i can't
quite
find anything to do the job. Can you please help me?