Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Rosenfeld Ron Rosenfeld is offline

Default date scale problem

On Sun, 13 Aug 2006 16:48:00 +0100, "Mary Walker" wrote:

Spot on ... you've fixed it :-) I'd been curious about this for ages - I
just highlighted all the date cells and changed them all to general, as you
said - oddly enough all the values changed to 38000 (ish) apart from one
curious cell which remained as 11/12/05 - the format of this single cell
must have thrown out all the data - don't know how/why it was different from
the others but I just re-entered that cell as a new date and now everything
works as expected. I won't make that mistake again :-)

Many thanks.

You're welcome. Glad to help. That one cell was somehow entered as text,
rather than as a true date.

--ron