Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope Andy Pope is offline

Default Chart Events - Trapping arrow key strokes

Hi,

As you have discovered the chart does not expose any key based events.
I can't think of any work arounds in terms of events. But maybe you
could use a userform to allow the use to select chart elements.

Cheers
Andy

RLang wrote:
Hi,
I was referred to an article by Jon Peltier for how to trap chart events
and it was very helpful with trapping mouse clicks on all areas of a chart.
I've got some code that inserts small jpg images on the chart whenever a
single chart point is selected. That portion works well. I'd like a user to
use the arrow keys to move from point to point rather than mouse clicking on
each point. One reason for this is that some groups of datapoints are
tightly packed and difficult to click on separately. The Chart Events
routines provided by the article don't recognize subsequent point selections
when initiated using the arrow keys. I looked at the specific events
trappable and none deal with keyup or keydown while a series point is
selected. Please let me know if you know a work-around.

Regards.

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info