Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Trevor Shuttleworth Trevor Shuttleworth is offline

Default text and number combined in a cell

Or maybe better:

="The total as of March 1st was " & TEXT(D1,"£#,##0")

Regards

Trevor

"Trevor Shuttleworth" wrote in message
="The total as of March 1st was " & TEXT(D1,"$0")

Regards

Trevor

"TimN" wrote in message
If in cell A1 I have "The total as of March 1st was"
And in cell D1 I have a numerical formaula that shows March's total, say
$1,438.14877.

If I do a formula in cell A1 and say = & D1
I get the result of .... The Total as of March 1st was 1438.14877

How can I get this to show ..... The Total as of March 1st was $1,438
In other words format the number so it has $ and coma and no decimal
places?

Thanks!