Gord Dibben

Wayne

Which version of Excel are you running?

There is no Autosave in XL2002 and 2003 as there was in earlier versions.

Autorecovery from ToolsOptionsSave is it. This is not the same as Autosave
which made true incremental saves at intervals.

Autorecovery just saves temporary files which should be deleted if Excel
closes normally without incident.

The default folder for Autorecovery can be changed under ToolsOptionsSave.

If you're running XL 2000 or older the AutoSave folder cannot be changed
AFAIK.

Jan Karel Pieterse has an addin called AutoSafe.

It doesn't overwrite the existing workbook when it saves. It saves to a user
selectable folder. And when it's done, it either deletes these backups (or
puts them in the recycle bin). And the user can always restore the backups
from the recycle bin.

http://www.jkp-ads.com/Download.htm

(look for AutoSafe.zip)

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 02:25:02 -0800, "Wayne Gore"
wrote:

Hi

I've set up a share on our server where our users can save and modify excel
sheets. They don't have any permissions to delete any documents however.
This works just fine except from one little detail.
The autosave feature can't delete it's file when the application is closed
so I end up with a ton of small autosave files in this share.

How can I redirect the path where the autosave feature saves the data?

Regards
Wayne