Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default resizing and moving chart elements

Tim -

This used to be an issue in Excel 97 (I had a routine that scrolled to the
chart, then scrolled back), but I have not had problems since I upgraded to
2000.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Tim" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi All,

I am programatically creating a report which includes a number of
graphs. Depending on the report the position and size of elements
within the charts( ie the plot area, title and legend) may change. My
problem is that if I turn screen updating off to speed up the code the
charts do not update. I have searched the newsgroups and have tried
calling the sub that resizes /moves the chart elements multiple times
as has been suggested(Which didn't work). I have also tried running the
sub after screen updating has been turned back on and this works but
only for the charts visible on the screen. If I run the sub manually
after the report has been written it works but I do not want to do this
as the final user may not be bothered clicking two buttons to get the
report. My final solution has been change the code to zoom out and
scroll page by page through the report updating the visible graphs
unitll all have been updated( which works but doesn't look very flash).
My question: has anyone else experienced this sort of thing before and
been able to solve it without turning screenupdating back on first?

Apoligies for the long rambling post

Any help much appreciated

regards

Tim