Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
PCLIVE PCLIVE is offline

Default Formula for excel.

I don't think the "+" actually does anything. I believe that is left over
from Lotus 123. Anyway, the $ makes a constant reference of N13. This
means that if you copy and paste the formula to other cells, N13 remains the
reference. Without the $, the formula would be adjusted based on where you
paste the formula. For example, if your formula was in C1 and you copied
and pasted into C2, without the $, the formula would be adjusted to:

=+B13/N14

The row has increased by one.

HTH,
Paul

"shy_girl_7_13_" wrote in message
Can anyone help me understand what this formula does. And what does the $
mean.
=+B12/$N$13

Thank you so much for your help.