Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pat Dools Pat Dools is offline

Default Locking rows or Regions in Excel worksheets

Hello,

Is there a way to run a macro to 'lock' a row or region in an Excel
worksheet once a user has entered data into that row or region (perhaps once
the user clicks on the 'Save' button)? I've looked at 'Tools...
Protection... Protect Sheet... ', but I'm not sure if this quite does the
trick. I have some great code to lock records in Access using some good
Forms coding, so that all the different types of controls (Text boxes, combo
boxes, etc.) get locked once the record is saved, but is there a way to do
this for a raw Excel table?

Thanks.
--
Pat Dools