Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave F Dave F is offline

Default Formula Links to seperate workbooks

Ok, now your question makes more sense. You'd have to insure that the copy
of the workbook your users are using has the same filepaths as you
do--otherwise, the links will be broken.

How do you distribute the workbook to your users? Do you email it to them
or email them the filepath to access it?

If they are all on the same network as you, it would be better to place the
workbook in the same folder as the workbooks to which it links, and instruct
your users to access the workbook there, and, most importantly, not to save
the workbook to a different directory.

"Brokovich" wrote:

Hi Dave

Thanks for that info. I tried it but these options were already ticked.

What I meant by cells without formulas was as below:

Cells which contain the following
='[MI Master Spreadsheet 0607.xls]Adam Fearn'!$H$74
are updating without problem, whereas the cells containing the below
=SUMIF('K:\Financial_practitioners\Management Info\Expenses\[Peter
Aylward
0607.xls]Jun'!$C$6:$C$29,"AF",'K:\Financial_practitioners\M anagement
Info\Expenses\[Peter Aylward 0607.xls]Jun'!$S$6:$S$29)
are not.

I thought this could be due to the fact that the referenced worksheets
are within a formula...?

Can you help any further?

Thanks again.

--