Karina

Fill the whole sheet with that formula?

It is only one colum I need to be fixed to 15 characters in length.

All other columns in the spreadsheet can be varied lengths.

"Bernie Deitrick" wrote:

Karina,

Use another sheet, filled with formulas like:

=LEFT(Sheet1!A1& REPT(" ",15),15)

and copy down and across as far as you need. Then copy and pastespecial
values, then do your export.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Karina" wrote in message
I need to 'fix' a field length to 15 characters (last name field) in order

export to a comma deliminated ASCII text file to then be imported into
another database program. I am NOT familiar with macros and visual basic
code, so if a reply involves writing a macro to get the result I need,

please
be as specific as possible.

Thank you very much in advance.

-K