Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
dinouk dinouk is offline

Default importing a particular excel worksheet into another excel file

Im am trying to import the data off one worksheet in one file into another
file as an object

Here is what i have got...
The person who plans our production needs to see who is trained on what
product when performing the plan. This information is stored within another
file called "training matrix" which consists of 4 worksheets. In order to
make things simpler i would want a linked copy of sheet 1 worksheet from the
training matrix file within the planners planning file so that they can see
the information required and that any changes to the source data gets
reflected in the planners file.

so far I have used the following process in a blank worksheet within the
planners file
insert object
- create from file
- link to file
- file name (Training matrix)

this inserts an object in the planners file of worksheet from the training
matrix file and any changes to this file are reflected in the planners file
which is excatly what i want.

HOWEVER, the object shown in the planners file is what ever sheet was last
viewed in the training matrix before it was saved, i would like the link to
go to a specific sheet (sheet 1) within that file and not any of the other 3
worksheets i.e if sheet 3 was last viewed in the training matrix before it
was saved then the next time the planners file is opened it is this sheet
that is seen and not sheet 1 which is the one required.

I have not used the import external data function as the training matrix
data has coloured cells dependant upon what product each person is trained on
and when import external data function is used it does not show these
colouring only the text data.

any help on this is very greatly appreciated as it has been driving me mad
for a while now :-)