Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope Andy Pope is offline

Default spinner control in chart sheet... please help!

Hi,

It's not a spinner but a scroller. The principle is the same though.
You need to use a dynamic named range for the charts data source.
http://www.andypope.info/charts/Scrolling.htm

Cheers
Andy

anna wrote:
I have a worksheet with A LOT of data...
x Y Y1 Y2 Y3
data data data data data
... .... ..... ..... .....

I have a chart sheet with all data plotted (xy scatter) and really need
something like a spinner button so that I can scroll and only plot a block of
my data at a time and have the chart update automatically with the contol.
Doesn't have to be a spinner button, but it was a guess on my part. I have
now bought 3 LARGE VBA for Excel books and am still unable to do seemingly
simple tasks I need. Could anyone take me step-by-step on how to set this up,
please?? Keep in mind I need it "dumbed down" to my basic beginner's level.
Thanks so much in advanced for any help you can give.
Anna

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info