Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Jaylin Jaylin is offline

Default cannot read number when reduce view size

Thank you very much Mr Peterson.
Hope you would not mind to further advice the location of FontSub

Also may I ask what is the diff of selecting hexadecimal and decimal
--
Thanks a million for your time and expert advice :-)
Jaylin

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Maybe this post by Debra Dalgleish will help....

You can change a registry setting to prevent this from happening (make a
backup copy of the registry first):

1. From the Start button, choose Run
2. Type regedit then click OK
3. Click the + sign to the left of HKEY_CURRENT_USER
4. Open Software, Microsoft, Office, 9.0, Excel, Options
5. Choose EditNewDWORD Value
6. Type the name for the DWORD: FontSub
7. Press Enter to complete the renaming
8. Choose EditModify
9. Type 0 as the value, select Decimal, and click OK
10. Close the Registry Editor

=====
That 9.0 will vary with your version of excel.

Jaylin wrote:

I wonder if there is any way to fix the default view on excel

If I reduce view size from 100% to 70%, the numbers will become ###,##