Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Nancy Newburger Nancy Newburger is offline

Default Find first previous cell with data

Hi, I am not "fluent" in Excel, so please make any answers "dummy" level.

I have a running balance column that spans multiple pages and I am trying to
get the last balance from the previous page onto a cell in the following page.

Additionally, there are column headings at the beginning of each page and I
have all cells (except column heading cells) in this balance column
conditionally formatted to not display duplicate balances, so there are cells
that appear blank but technically are not.

I read a post in General Questions dated 1/16/2006 by Derby Jim and answered
by Bob Phillips that sounded like my situation. I tried both solutions that
Bob presented and neither worked. I set up test worksheet as exampled in the
post, used both formulas and both returned 0.

Any help would be much appreciated.